Bamboo in Taiwan is very good quality and a popular ingredient. I recently returned from Taiwan and brought back some ‘Tang Shun’ bamboo which has been boiled and saved in the fridge. When I went back to Taiwan everyone made lots of bamboo dishes for me with this kind of bamboo – they know it’s my favourite! Stir fried bamboo shoots with sliced pork 竹筍炒肉絲 is one of my favourite dishes to remember tastes of Taiwan so I have cooked it for you today. I hope you enjoy it!
The ingredients (for 3 people) 食材;
- 400g sliced pork
- 300g sliced bamboo
- Some carrot, spring onion, ginger, Chinese mushroom, wood fungus, chilli, parsley
- Rice wine, corn flour
- Salt, sugar, fish powder.
The method 作法;
- Prepare and chop your ingredients ready like Joanne has in the picture above.
- Pour a tablespoon of rice wine onto the sliced pork in the bowl to quickly ‘marinate’, then stir in the corn flour which will help seal the meat juices in.
- Heat up your frying pan and add 1cm deep oil, heat that to very hot
- Quickly add the pork slices and stir them for a few seconds, pour them out into a sieve, put it aside
- In the pan you just used add the ginger, garlic and spring onions and add a tablespoon of oil, fry until the flavour/smell comes out then add all the rest of the vegetables you had except for the chillies and parsley
- After stir frying for a a few seconds then add your bamboo, stir fry some more, add a splash of boiling water and cover the pan.
- One minute later open the lid and put in the pork slices, stir fry together – then add the salt, sugar and fish powder
- Toss the whole lot in the pan – that’s it
- Serve with rice and garnish with chopped parsley and chillies to taste
Joanne has recorded a how to make Stir fried bamboo shoots with sliced pork 竹筍炒肉絲 video showing you the method step-by-step, please see below.
Stir fried bamboo shoots with sliced pork 竹筍炒肉絲, cooking video
Stay tuned for more help, advice, cooking and shopping! Please join us on Facebook and you will hear about our new recipes and videos first!