Pork Tenderloin with ginger and spring onion 豬肉片炒姜蔥 is delicious. The pork is very soft and the whole combination’s juices make a very tasty sauce to mix with your rice. To serve we top it all with toasted almond flakes, adding a lovely nutty and crunchy contrast to the porks’ softness. The flavours aren’t too strong, this isn’t a spicy or pungent dish, and there’s a very good balance between the ingredients. Also this pork tenderloin with ginger and spring onion 豬肉片炒姜蔥 looks great on the plate, so it’s a nice dish to bring out when you friends come around.
This is one of two of our favourite dishes made with pork tenederloin. The other recipe will be here on Taiwan Duck in the future, it’s steamed and is mainly used as a starter.
The ingredients 食材 to serve 2 people, are as follows;
- half a pork tenderloin fillet, sliced thinly
- a little soy sauce, corn flour, cooking oil, rice wine
- spring onions x2
- one thumb of ginger
- half an onion
- half a chili
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sauce – 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce and a splash of sesame oil
- toasted almond slices to garnish
The method 作法;
- slice the tenderloin into thin strips, add 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp rice wine, half a tbsp of corn flour, 1 tbsp of cooking oil then mix well together.
- get the pan/oil hot and ready and then add the pork you have just mixed
- when browned nicely pour the pork/oil through a sieve to drain and leave aside while we fry the spices
- fry the ginger first with a little oil (1 tbsp), follow with the other spices onion, leaving the green pieces of spring onion until last
- stir fry quickly and vigourously
- now it’s ready , transfer to a plate and garnish with your almond slices, looks good, tastes good!
As usual Joanne has recorded a cooking video so you can follow the exact method step by step, as she prepares the pork tenderloin with ginger and spring onion 豬肉片炒姜蔥. It’s only 5 minutes and is well worth a viewing to see how it all comes together.
How to make pork tenderloin with ginger and spring onion 豬肉片炒姜蔥, Taiwanese style, cooking video
Stay tuned for more help, advice, cooking and shopping!