In Taiwan people love to eat seafood and of course regular fish is the favourite of most people. Sea Bream is always a good choice and luckily it is also easy to find here in the UK. So today Joanne has prepared the simple buy delicious Pan fried whole sea bream 如何漂亮煎魚不脫皮 Taiwan style. If you like sea bream but have never eaten it Taiwanese style before why not give it a go? It’s very quick and easy and tastes great too!
The ingredients 食材 are as follows;
- 1 fresh Sea Bream
- a thumb of ginger, sliced into “matchsticks”
- 2 spring onions roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic slided
- Sauce: 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsbp rice wine, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp of fish sauce, 1 tsp Worcester sauce
The method 作法;
- Clean your fish, gut, de-scale and then slice it as shown in the video/pictures
- Chop up your vegetables; ginger, spring onion and garlic
- Mix your sauces and sugar and keep in a rice bowl for later on
- Heat up your pan… Now add the oil and wait again, until this oil is nice and hot
- Make sure your fish is dried with a paper towel and then put it in the shallow hot oil
- Cook the fish on one side for a couple of minutes and then turn it over, repeat this 3 times per side or until the exposed fish meat looks golden brown – it will take about 10 or 12 minutes to do
- Take the fish out of the pan and put it on a serving plate
- Pour the oil from your frying pan and then introduce your three vegetable ingredients to the pan, they will stir fry nicely in what oil remains, cook briskly and when they start to brown and crisp introduce all your sauce you prepared earlier
- After stirring all the vegetables and sauce in the hot frying pan for a minute or so toet it hot and bubbling you then take this pan and pour it all over the fish on the serving plate
- That’s it! Your meal is ready. We served our fish with white rice and green vegetables. Yum
As usual Joanne has recorded a cooking video so you can follow the exact recipe and method step by step, as she prepares and cooks the pan fried fish meal.
How to make pan fried whole sea bream 如何漂亮煎魚不脫皮 Taiwan style cooking video
We really hope you enjoy this meal. As we said it is a Taiwanese classic way of enjoying a wonderful fresh fish. Please try it you’ll like it. Join us on Facebook for more Taiwanese cooking, recipes and gardening tips.