This recipe is a follow-up to the previous one and it uses the fish balls and fish “sausages” on sticks we made in the previous recipe within this new recipe! Yes it’s another kind of Taiwanese Street Food. This street food is very popular and you can get it any time of day or night at 7-11 convenience stores and other similar places like OK Mart. Last week’s food was crispy, now these crispy and boiled fish-ball creations are added to a soup stock with various vegetables and types of tofu, so they are not crispy any more of course.
The ingredients 食材;
- Fish ball
- Tofu, Fried tofu
- Chinese mushroom
- Baby potato
- Red dates
- Pork Ribs stock
- SPICES: Spring onion, salt and pepper, fish powder, coriander, chinese celery
- DIP: sweet chili or tomato ketchup
The method 作法;
- Insert the sticks into your Tem-bu-ra
- Boil up a big pan of stock (pork ribs, fish or chicken)
- Put all the ingredients in the pot boil it up for about 5 minutes
- Add the spices in
- It’s ready to serve, you can garnish with coriander, or chopped spring onion and chinese celery
Joanne has recorded a how to make Oden 7-11 hot snacks 關東煮 video so you can see and follow the exact step-by-step method and the timings she uses. Now you will never have tovisit 7-11 again!.
How to make Oden 7-11 hot snacks stew 關東煮 video
Stay tuned for more Taiwanese gardening, advice and cooking! Please join us on Facebook and you will hear about our new recipes and videos first!