Here at Taiwan Duck, we love to eat duck! Yesterday we had a meal including a whole oven roasted duck, so today we had some pieces of duck left over, a couple of legs and a breast. What to do with it? We could stir fry perhaps… Joanne decided to make some delicious Roasted Duck Spring Rolls 烤鴨春捲. She made the same spring rolls for a house party a few weeks ago and they went down really well, so we knew they would be a delicious treat with which to share with our readers! One thing these aren’t crispy duck spring rolls but roast duck spring rolls, but they are very nice and crispy, it’s just we use over cooked duck inside rather than a fried duck. Less fat is good isn’t it?!
The ingredients 食材 are as follows;
- some roasted duck leftovers
- a pack of spring roll pastry
- cucumber (or use celery instead if you like it)
- spring onions
- plum sauce
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of sugar
- one egg (for the egg white)
The method 作法;
- shred up the duck into smallish pieces, as you would like
- with the duck pieces; mix in a half (chinese) bowl of plum sauce, the soy sauce, sugar and honey
- cut the cucumber into slices about half a pencil long and a half as thick as a pencil
- cut up the spring onions similarly
- lay out the spring roll pastry square, at an angle so that a corner points at you
- add pieces of duck, spring onion and cucumber and roll it up half way
- at half way tuck the sides into the centre and keep rolling
- use your fingers to dab some egg white on the remaining triangle of pastry and seal it
- it’s really best to watch the video and see Joanne do the above!
- fry the spring rolls until golden brown, over a medium heat
- they are also good warmed up the next day in the oven (180 degrees for about 12 minutes)
As usual Joanne has recorded a cooking video so you can follow the exact recipe step by step, as she prepares and cooks the spring rolls.
How to make Roasted Duck Spring Rolls 烤鴨春捲 cooking video 烹飪影片
If you have any other left overs such as chicken, prawns, turkey, beef, lamb, or anything! Why not make it into spring rolls for a delicious change. Stay tuned for more cooking, advice, help and gardening! The next recipe will be “3 Cup Chicken”.