Kung Pao Chicken is a very popular dish at many Chinese restaurants in the UK. We like it too and make it many times at home. Most of the flavour comes from the whole dried chillies and peanuts that are in the ingredients. For a very tasty change Joanne swaps out the chicken for Prawns, usually King Prawns.
The ingredients 食材 are as follows;
- king prawns, (in our video are already cooked) 300g
- peanuts, half a teacup
- 5 full dried chillies
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- a fresh chilli and a little coriander for garnish
The method 作法;
- cut the prawns 3/4 along so they “fan”
- cut and get ready the above ingredients
- heat up the pan, very hot, add 3 tablespoons of oil
- put the spicy ingredients in the pan, fry until you get a nice aroma
- now add the rest of the vegetables, stir
- because we used pre-cooked prawns we added them at this point, if raw they go in first.
- a minute later add a splash of sesame oil, stir
- your Kung Pao King Prawns is ready, serve it with rice and a beer!
As usual Joanne has recorded a cooking video so you can follow the exact recipe step by step, as she cooks the meal.
Kung Pao King Prawn 宮保大蝦 cooking video
Stay tuned for more help, advice, cooking and shopping! The next recipe will be pork dumplings, 豬肉水餃.