One of our favourite meals; Korean Style Spicy Pork. It’s very quick to make, as long as you have the pork belly already cooked (boiled) before you start. It’s very important to get the right spicy powder. The Korean spicy powder is just roughly ground dried chilli peppers. It’s not that hot because the peppers are medium heat. If you can’t get this powder I think you would use 2 tablespoons of paprika and 1 teaspoon of cayenne, it’s that kind of taste to heat balance.
The ingredients 食材 are as follows;
- a piece of belly pork, cooked (boiled) previously
- mange tout
- 1 medium onion
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 mushrooms
- green/red/yellow peppers (you choose one)
- 2 tablespoons of paprika and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper (If you can’t find Korean crushed pepper powder)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
The method 作法;
- cut the belly pork into very thin slices
- cut and get ready the above ingredients
- heat up the pan, very hot, add 3 tablespoons of oil
- fry the belly pork to crispy, then add the Korean spice and soy sauce and sugar, stirring
- now add the rest of the vegetables, stir
- a minute later add a splash of sesame oil, stir
- your spicy pork is ready, serve it with rice and a beer!
As usual Joanne has recorded a cooking video so you can follow the exact recipe step by step, as she cooks the meal.
Korean Style Spicy Pork 韓國辣炒豬肉 cooking video
Stay tuned for more help, advice, cooking and shopping! The next recipe will be “Gong Bau King Prawns”.