This is something new. Joanne knows everyone loves crispy beef and there are several crispy beef dishes on many Chinese restaurant menus. In England where we live now it’s common and popular to have roast beef with mustard. Now Joanne has combined these traditions to make something new (as far as we know!). We are happy to present to you Crispy Beef with Honey Mustard Sauce 蜂蜜芥末脆牛肉. We thought it was delicious, hope you enjoy it too!
The ingredients 食材, to make Crispy Beef in Honey Mustard Sauce 蜂蜜芥末脆牛肉;
- 300g of beef
- an egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tbsp ketchup
- half a tbsp of mustard (or more to taste)
- half a tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- half a bowl of corn flour and plain flour mixed together
- half a medium onion
- half a red chili
- to garnish (optional) a handful of roasted peanuts and half a spring onion – finely chopped
The method 作法;
- slice the beef into pieces about 5cm long (2″) and about half as thick as your finger
- beat an egg, add about half of it to the beef to get it all egg coated
- mix the beef strips with the flour/corn flour mixture so it’s all now coated in flour
- sauce Mix together the honey, ketchup, mustard, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl. When it’s smooth add about a quarter Chinese bowl of water. This is the sauce ready.
- heat up the pan containing about 1 Chinese bowl of cooking oil, your choice
- when the oil is very hot put all the beef slices in
- stir to keep the beef slices from sticking to each other
- when browned nicely take all the beef out of the frying pan and drain
- heat up the oil in the pan again to very hot, we are going to re-fry the beef for crispiness!
- when re-frying look for the bubbles to become less and less it shows the water had all left the meat and the beef will be ready
- now take out the beef and pour away the oil
- re-heat your pan with one tablespoon of oil only
- fry the onions and chilli
- add in the sauce you prepared earlier followed shortly by the re-fried beef strips
- after a minute of stirring it’s ready, put it on a serving dish and (optionally) garnish with nuts and spring onion
[amazon_carousel widget_type=”SearchAndAdd” width=”575″ height=”200″ title=”A new wok from Amazon” market_place=”” shuffle_products=”True” show_border=”False” keywords=”wok” browse_node=”” search_index=”Kitchen” /]
As usual Joanne has recorded a cooking video so you can follow the exact recipe and method step by step, as she prepares, cooks and presents the Crispy Beef with Honey Mustard Sauce 蜂蜜芥末脆牛肉. If you are thinking about some other dish to have alongside this one you can browse our entire recipes on our index page.
How to make Crispy Beef with Honey Mustard Sauce 蜂蜜芥末脆牛肉, cooking video 烹飪影片
We really hope you enjoy this Crispy Beef in Honey Mustard Sauce 蜂蜜芥末脆牛肉. If you make this recipe please let us know how it goes. The next recipe will be Do-Su fried Fish, do you know what that is?! Join us on Facebook!