A good Taiwanese meal is nearly always a made up of several dishes and at least one of them is a plate of stir fried vegetables of some sort. This is a quick video, Joanne stir fried vegetables, fresh from our garden, in about 2 minutes. From garden-to-plate beats from farm-to-plate any day! Use any kind of greens you might have like Pak Choi, spinach or Swiss chard!
The ingredients 食材, to make stir fried vegetables in 2 minutes;
- a bowl full of vegetables, like in the picture, approx 300g
- some ginger, sliced thinly
- Half a Chinese bowl of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Chop the ginger into thin slices
- Chop the vegetable into pieces roughly 2 inches (or 5cm) lengths
- Heat up the pan/wok containing about 2 tbsp of oil
- Add the ginger
- In about 15 seconds add the green
- Stir, then add the chicken stock straight away
- Keep the heat on high
- Cover the pan with a lid
- The vegetables now fry and steam at the same time
- 2 minutes later add some salt, turn off the cooker and serve, you’ve finished!
As usual Joanne has recorded a cooking video so you can follow the exact recipe and method step by step, as she prepares, cooks and presents the vegetables 青菜.If you are thinking about some other dish to have alongside the vegetables you can browse our entire recipes to date on our index page.
How to make Stir Fried Vegetables 炒青菜 Taiwanese Style cooking video 烹飪影片
We really hope you enjoy this vegetables 炒青菜 stir fry. If you make this recipe please let us know how it goes. The next recipe will be a dessert! Join us on Facebook!