Salmon is a wonderful tasty fish, not like any other and we hadn’t had it for a while. Today we saw a beautiful piece of Scottish salmon in the supermarket and decided to buy it. Joanne decided to make Grilled Salmon in cream and cheese 台式焗烤鮭魚 with Taiwanese spices. If you get a whole salmon insted of a fillet the extra pieces are very useful for helping make a good Miso Soup or a delicious Japanese style Salmon Fried Rice.
The ingredients 食材;
- 650g salmon fillet (for 3 or 4 people)
- 150g grated cheese
- 250ml cream
- broccoli, asparagus and cauliflower
- 1tbsp ginger, 1tbsp garlic, 1 green chili, 1 red chili, 2 spring onions, rosemary, mixed herbs
- a dash of rice wine, sea salt, black pepper
The method 作法;
- Prepare the above ingredients and spices in the quantities suggested, the garlic, ginger spring onions and chillies chopped quite small
- Lay your salmon in an oven baking dish, we used a Pyrex one
- sprinkle your garlic, ginger and chillies on the fish, save the spring onion until later!
- sprinkle a bit of seasoning on now, sea salt, black pepper, rosemary and mixed herbs (mostly basil)
- place the broccoli, asparagus and cauliflower around the salmon (already boiled in water for 10 minutes previously)
- pour your cream over the salmon and vegetables
- sprinkle your grated cheese over the whole dish
- put the dish under the grill for between 15 and 20 minutes
- check the salmon is cooked by checking the colour, it shoud not be red any more
- We served our Grilled Salmon in cream and cheese 台式焗烤鮭魚 with a large garlic bread and crispy chicken rice balls!
Joanne has recorded a how to make Grilled Salmon in cream and cheese 台式焗烤鮭魚 cooking video so you can see and follow the timings, chopping shapes and sizes, and method step by step, as she prepares this delicious traditional TaiwanDuck favourite family seafood dish.
Grilled Salmon in cream and cheese 台式焗烤鮭魚 cooking video
Stay tuned for more help, advice, cooking and shopping! Please join us on Facebook and you will hear about our new recipes and videos first!