We hope you enjoy our crispy fried banana Taiwanese style cooking video 炸香蕉. This is only our second sweet or dessert, we think it’s a good one and this Taiwanese style fried banana is a bit different to the usual Chinese version because it’s; 1. crispy breadcrumbs instead of batter, 2. fresh cooking oil of your own choice, instead of jurrasic sump oil, 3. coconut, peanut and condensed milk dips, or your own choice of ice cream or custard, 4. home made is best! You can make this recipe in a few minutes with ingredients most people have already in the cupboard.
The ingredients 食材 are as follows;
- 2 bananas (for 2 people)
- some flour
- an egg
- some breadcrumbs
- for dips/coatings – coconut powder, peanut powder, condensed milk, ice cream, custard
The method 作法;
- put out 3 reasonably deep plates one with flour, one with egg, one with breadcrumbs
- slice the bananas into the sized you require, use the picture above as a guide
- coat the banana chunks in the following order – flour, egg, then breadcrumbs
- heat up the oil, about 3 or 4cm deep, until it’s hot
- meanwhile the coating on the banana pieces should have become a little damp, and it’s stuck to the banana really well now
- fry the banana pieces until golden brown and then drain the oil from them and put them on a dish
- now we drizzled condensed milk over the hot banana pieces, served in a dish with the choice of coconut or peanut powder
- but there’s lots of other things you can do such as serve with – custard, ice cream of many varieties (chocolate works well), white cream, pouring cream, or with hot blancmange!
As usual Joanne has recorded a cooking video so you can follow the exact method step by step, as she prepares the crispy fried banana Taiwanese style 炸香蕉. Please try it yourself and let us know your favourite dip/coating!
How to make crispy fried banana Taiwanese style 炸香蕉 芒果蝦球 cooking video
Stay tuned for more help, advice, cooking and shopping! What will be next, I’m not sure…