Today I have a new recipe for you but it’s not Taiwanese! Sorry… But my great friend Kitty (originally from Tainan) visited me and brought these delicious ‘cakes’ one day, so I thought it would be great if she could be in one of my videos and share her recipe, ingredients and cooking method with you. I already have some great desserts on Taiwan Duck but here is another which I think will please many people’s taste buds.
The ingredients 食材 for 6 to 7 scones;
- 300g self-raising flour
- 75g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1 beaten egg for glazing
- Mix the dry flour and caster sugar in a big bowl
- Add in the butter and whisk for a while until you get a light crumbly texture
- Now mix in the milk until you have a sticky dough
- Make 6 or 7 rounded scones – use a cutter if you have one
- Brush the tops of the scones with the egg
- Put the scones in a pre-heated over at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 to 12 minutes
- Take the scones out, let them cool to just warm and split them – service with butter, cream or ice cream and a little jam.
Joanne and Kitty recorded a Baking English Scones 手工司康 video so you can see and follow prepare ingredients and method step-by-step. Please also experiment with adding dried fruits like raisins or cherries to your scones!
Baking English Scones 手工司康 video
Stay tuned for more Taiwanese gardening, shopping, advice and cooking! Please join us on Facebook and you will hear about our new recipes and videos first!