Baked scallops with cheese and potato 起士焗烤干貝 is a great starter for any meal. Scallops are a really beautiful tasting shellfish and look great on the plate. A single scallop can be a good starter, so it’s a good idea to make one for every guest you expect plus one extra spare – for the chef to test! The scallops go really well with the cheese and potato, a lot of the beautiful flavour and moisture gets absorbed into the fluffy mashed potato.
The ingredients 食材 (starter for 6 people);
- 6 scallops
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/3 broccoli floret
- 1/3 cup of cream
- grated cheddar cheese as you wish
The method 作法;
- Clean your scallops and keep the nice white and orange pieces in a half shell
- Boil your potatoes and broccoli for about 15 to 20 minutes
- When soft, drain the water and mash the potato and broccoli with 1/3 cup of cream
- Grate your cheese
- Spoon the potato/broccoli mash on top of the scallop
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the mash
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 C, then put in the scallops to bake
- About 20 minutes later they will be ready, check the cheese topping has turned golden brown
- They are ready to serve.
Joanne has recorded a how to make baked scallops with cheese and potato 起士焗烤干貝 video so you can see and follow the exact method step-by-step. Treat your family and friends to one of our favourite starter dishes!
How to make baked scallops with cheese and potato 起士焗烤干貝 video
Stay tuned for more Taiwanese gardening, advice and cooking! Please join us on Facebook and you will hear about our new recipes and videos first!